We are delighted to announce that the 9th International ELT Research Conference to be organised by Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Faculty of Education, ELT Department, in collaboration with the International Association of Research in Applied Linguistics and Foreign Language Education (UDEAD), will be convened from 12-14 May 2016 in Çanakkale, Turkey. The chosen theme of this year’s conference is INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES: BEYOND THE BORDERS OF ELT METHODOLOGY. This biennial conference aims to provide a platform enabling the dissemination of high calibre research findings as well as to encourage scientific debate and exchange of ideas in a congenial collegial setting.
At our 9th conference, we shall be honoured to introduce some distinguished internationally renowned keynote speakers, including Graham Hall, Simon Borg and Fred Dervin who will enlighten us on various aspects of their own scholarly work and help us to expand our horizons. We would also like to invite all ELT researchers from the international community to share their research findings and submit proposals for oral presentations, workshops or poster presentations on the following themes or other relevant topics:
- Applied Linguistics and Language Education
- Approaches and Methods in English Language Education
- Corpus and Language Teaching
- Culture and Literature in English Language Education
- Early English Education
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Specific Purposes
- English Language Teacher Education
- English Language Curriculum and Teaching Materials
- English as an International Language
- Innovation in Language Teaching and Learning
- Intercultural Communication
- Language Policy
- Language Learning and Acquisition
- Language Testing and Evaluation
- Life-long Language Learning
- Lingua Projects
- Multimedia and ICT in English Language Education
- Teacher Training and Education
- Translation Studies & Language Teaching
We believe that this conference will make a valuable contribution to debate and development in the field of ELT, especially with a view to increasing collaboration and cooperation with other disciplines and widening the scope and impact of research efforts. In addition, we hope to provide an opportunity for individual interaction with colleagues old and new and a consequent strengthening of professional and social bonds which could lead to further professional developments for all of us, both as teachers and as researchers.
Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University looks forward to welcoming you all in Çanakkale in May 2016.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ece ZEHİR TOPKAYA
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aysun YAVUZ
On behalf of the Conference Organizing Committee
Register the system to send submission!